Monday, October 24, 2011

Embarrassing things i have done.....

 To get my kids to sleep at night.  If you have kids, i am sure there are nights when you will do just about anything to get them to sleep.   For me this included singing everything from country music to nursery rhymes.   At some point, in the dead of night i am sure, i managed to change a couple nursery rhymes to fit my kids.

For my son.... 

This is a take of on The Grande Old Duke of York.....
My version.."Joshua, Joshua, Josh, he had 10,000 men, he marched them up and he marched them down and he marched them back again.   Now when they were up they were up, and when they were down they were down, and when they were only half way up they were neither up nor down."

The second one is a take of on My Son John...
My version: "Diddle diddle dumplin my son Josh. Went to bed with his trousers on. One shoe on and one shoe off, diddle diddle dumplin my son josh"

For my daughter, there is only one that i changed, it is a take of of Georgie Porgie:

My version..."Morgie Porgie puddin and pie, kissed the boys and made them cry.When the girls came out to play, morgie porgie ran away"

And then of course their is Barney...the dreaded purple pain in the ass...I mean dinosaur.  My son was addicted to this creature and yes, at 2 in the morning, while trying in vein to get him to sleep, i have been known to break into chorus' of "1,2,3,4,5..once i caught a fish alive" or the dreaded "sally the camel has 5 humps"....Thank the goddess there were no tv camera's present to witness such horrid scenes!!!

Anyway, those are a few of the embarrassing things i sang to my kiddo's to get them to sleep so I could sleep.  As you can see Josh was harder and i had to make up more then one for him lol.

Anryan

No comments:

Post a Comment